How To Plant Tomato & Pepper Seeds Indoors
In this video, I will show you how to start your tomato and pepper seeds indoors for December harvest for those of us located in grow zone 9.
I’m starting the seeds indoors on July 20th. I will transplant the tomato seedlings in about a month into bigger cups and the pepper seedlings will stay in their current cups until is time to plant them in the garden.
As always, I am using Jiffy Organic Seed starting Mix. I only plant one seed per cup because with this starting mix I have close to a 100% germinating rate.
I moistened the seed starting mix with water from the sink, which I allowed to sit for a few hours in order for the chlorine to evaporate.
I always bottom water my seeds by filling the tray with water and allowing the soil to absorb the needed amount of water.
I will keep the seeds covered with clear plastic on the top of the refrigerator until they germinate.
I will do at least one watering with fish fertilizer and one watering with Epsom salt.
When the tomato and pepper seeds germinate, I will move them by the window so they can get enough sunlight.
1. TO FIND YOUR GROW ZONE, PUT YOUR ZIP CODE AND CLICK SEARCH: https://shop.arborday.org/content.aspx?page=zone-lookup
2. TO FIND THE GROW CHART/SCHEDULE, click this link and change the “9” to whatever your grow zone is:
I hope you find this video helpful and if you have any questions on how to start tomato and pepper seeds indoors, please post them in the comment section and I will answer them.
If you find this episode helpful, please click the LIKE button below the video; it would mean a lot to me. And if you would like to see more videos about organic gardening, gardening tips, healthy recipes and cooking tips, healthy lifestyle and home and kitchen tips and tricks, please subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking on the link below:
SUPPORT MY CHANNEL WHEN SHOPPING ON AMAZON:
MY VIDEO EQUIPMENT:
Camera – Nikon D7200: http://amzn.to/29vw5f4
Microphone – Rode: http://amzn.to/29pFcer
Tripod – Manfrotto: http://amzn.to/29pFiTq
*Here is the video playlist about my organic raised bed vegetable garden I built with wood where I planted my tomato and pepper plants that I started from seeds:
*Here are links to my latest videos:
1. “How To Prune Tomato Plants For Maximum Yield & Bigger Tomatoes – Organic Vegetable Garden in Arizona” – https://youtu.be/BDb1FsmMfmQ
2. “How To Stake & Tie Tomato Plants – Trellis Ideas For Strong Winds – Vegetable Garden Arizona” – https://youtu.be/IPTPuFXUW-g
3. How to hand pollinate tomato plants: https://youtu.be/QcBRw3w44Rw
4. How I build a shade cloth canopy for my raised garden bed to protected from the extreme heatwave we had here in Arizona: https://youtu.be/27JOQpbR1pI
*If you are interested to see the benefits of Liquid Alaska Organic Fish fertilizer, check out this playlist:
*Here is a video on when and how to water tomato seedlings:
*Here is the video on when and how to fertilize your tomato seedlings:
*Here is the video on transplanting tomato seedlings into cups from earlier this year:
Old School Home & Garden with Sasha
Video Rating: / 5