The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean can be your choice for your next vacation. Make it a holiday of training and golfing! So many package discounts can make your travel far beyond the rest time of your daily work. A golf holiday will be a practical experience that can improve your golfing level, enjoy a very peaceful and luxurious environment, and visit different states or different countries! This planning guide will introduce you to some of the most highly rated golf resorts in the world.
Whether you end up booking on your own or through an experienced golf travel expert, you can start your research online, where you can find quality golf courses and travel bargains. Provide detailed information on prices, resort facilities and golf courses. But please further look for packages that include airfare, hotel accommodation and green fees to get the best value. A typical packaged golf resort holiday will include most of the following features:
- Air tickets
- Resort accommodation
- Confirm kick-off time
- Prepaid green fee
- 18-hole shared cart
- Equipment Leasing
- Golf course
- Dine in an exclusive restaurant
- Transfer courses
- Airport transfer
- All taxes and service charges
The golf course is planned in a beautiful environment, where you can blow the sea breeze or appreciate the dense vegetation, and you can also combine golf with other resort facilities to provide a comprehensive vacation.
For example, try one of the many charming Club Med golf resorts with beautiful fairways in the most memorable and charming place in the world. Club Med offers discounts, including the best equipment and golf courses for all levels! Its locations include Cancun, Mexico and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other locations are all over the world: Turks and Caicos Islands, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal and the United States-Snipe Bay in Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world. Among the more than 500 golf courses in the country, about 100 resorts are called “golf hotels”. The most famous are Turnberry, Gleneagles and St Andrews Old Course Hotel. Each has a spa, leisure facilities, first-class restaurants and “golf tuition” packages suitable for all levels.
Mexico has many golf resorts located in luxurious coastal areas. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. In addition, Mexico has a champion Baja version of California’s famous “Pebbles Beach” golf resort, called Bajamar, just a few hours’ drive from San Diego in Ensenada.
For the United States, please check online golf resorts recommended by some major magazines, such as golf courseWhich release Top 100 golf courses in the United States. This issue ranks among the best among more than 21,000 public and private golf courses nationwide. However, out of these 100 courses, you want to search for resorts that offer packages and golf courses. In the top 100, you will find that the main vacation destination states with golf resorts are Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Let’s review the best locations in these states:
- In sunny and always mild Florida, Club Med’s Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy offers 2-day and 3-day golf courses. The academy includes all aspects of the game, such as chipping, putting, bunkers, pitching and high-ball shooting, irons and woods full swing. Provides a video that analyzes your swing, as well as an optional video that compares your swing with that of a professional player. In addition, there are year-round regional golf resorts in and around Miami. Each resort provides on-site facilities and services on and off the stadium, and is only minutes away from Miami’s main attractions, such as South Beach and the Miami Metro Zoo. To spend a golf holiday here, you will have a variety of options.
- Arizona’s climate is suitable for many months of the year. Scottsdale has nearly 200 golf courses, many of which are set against the picturesque Sonoran Desert. This is a golf destination with a golf school and specialty shops. Here, many resorts offer high-quality accommodation and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages and hotel guests can enjoy discounted green fees. In addition, Sedona, Arizona has numerous golf resorts, with a mild climate throughout the year and spectacular views of the red rocks.
- In California, Pebble Beach is known as a small coastal golf destination located in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the famous Pebble Beach Golf Course, Pebble Beach Hotel and the famous Spanish Bay Hotel. Every year, golfers will pass by golf professionals and experience nature on the magnificent golf course designed by top golf course designers. The layout of the golf course complements the majestic coast, which is awesome!
- Another golfer’s paradise is conveniently located on the South Atlantic coast of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines natural beauty with a world-class golf course on a barrier island 12 miles long and 5 miles wide. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends often participate in these championship courses. Since the opening of the first course in Sea Pines in 1961, there are now Emerald Links in both Seaport Town and Bluffton, as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf center. It is famous for its spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, scenic marshes and marine forests rich in wildlife. The mild climate and year-round sunshine also make Hilton Head Island an ideal place to play.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, has quietly emerged from the glitz and charm of its casinos, becoming one of the fastest-growing golf destinations in the United States. The city’s huge conference center and countless hotel rooms make it a natural paradise for hosting large-scale golf events. With year-round sunshine and mild temperatures, and many activities after a full day of golfing from gambling to watching entertainment, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN named Austin, Texas the number one city for golf in 2010. Based on the Texas hills, Austin’s golf courses are among the best in the United States. The highlight of the area is the Wolfdancer Golf Club, which ranks 56th in the area Golf WeeklyTop 100 resort golf courses in 2009. In addition to being a great contemporary music city and home to many celebrities, Austin also offers delicious barbecues, idyllic year-round climate and luxurious accommodations for resort golfers.
Your best package deal will be at an all-inclusive resort, where airfare, accommodation, meals and golf activities are all grouped into one price. On the other hand, please consider traditional hotels and resorts in the suggested locations. With some online planning, one of the best golf resorts in the world can become an affordable option for you. Enjoy a great location, explore the area, and improve your golfing skills at the same time, providing a happy and comprehensive vacation for your family and loved ones!
(c) 2012 Elizabeth McMillan